Cleanroom Cleaning Robot
|Cleanroom Cleaning Robot|
|Team Name :||Mystery Machiners|
|Duration :||Fall 2013 - Spring 2014|
Design and construct a system that can be used to spray sanitization solutions on the floor of a clean room used in the production of clinical drug products. This system will able to complete its task by itself, a fully automated process. Using an existing Roomba vacuum cleaning device, we will modify and rebuild parts of the device to scrub a clean room floor.
Clean Room Roomba
Problem Statement: Design and construct a system that can be used to spray sanitization solutions on the floor of a clean room used in the production of clinical drug products. This system will able to complete its task by itself, a fully automated process. Using an existing Roomba vacuum cleaning device, we will modify and rebuild parts of the device to scrub a clean room floor.
- Spray sanitization solutions on the floor of a cleanroom
- Scrub floor clean
- Pick up excess fluid
- Use UV lighting to aid in the sanitization process
- Automatically return to charging station when needed
- Detachable tank that holds the cleaning solution
- Detachable for easy clean
- Able to do one cleaning run before being empty
- Holds about 2 gallons of cleaning solution
- Sprayer to dispense the fluid
- Controlled by the Arduino Mirco to spray at right times
- Alternating spray
- Sensor inside the tank to communicate to Roomba
- Fluid level sensor to talk to the Roomba
- Notifies the Roomba when the fluid is low
- UV Light
- Added bacteria sanitation
- Attached to the rear of the Roomba
- Scrubber Brushes
- Removed the original brushes
- Replaced them with heavy duty bristles
- Fits in the same place
Technology and Software
My name is Nicholas Rodriguez, I'm an Electrical Engineer at University of Idaho. I am from Pocatello, ID. As my education has progressed I have focused more on Integrated Circuits and Microcontrollers. I would like to work with personal electronics in the future. Outside of school I enjoy soccer, skateboarding, and making music with my friends.
My name is Nathan Pueschel or Nate. I am a 23 years old and a senior in Mechanical Engineering at the University of Idaho. I was born and raised in Boise, Id. After college I plan on moving to California to find a job in the San Francisco Bay Area. I will be graduating on May 17th 2014. I love the idea of working with a team of other engineering to create or improve.
My name is Justin Herrick and I am a Mechicanl Engineering student at the University of Idaho. I was raised in Eagle River, Alaska and I love skiing and snowmobiling in the long winters as well as fishing and hunting in the summer. Mechanical engineering interests me because I love to know how and why things work the way they do.
My name is Greg Atkinson. I am 21 years old and a senior in Mechanical Engineering at the University of Idaho. I lived in Gig Harbor, Washington my entire life before moving to Moscow, Idaho to get my degree. The summer of my freshman year I went back home and married my beautiful wife, Ellie. Our plans are to move back to Washington after my May 17th graduation.