Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Rotary Table||Top of Cab. 9|
|T's||Top of Cab. 7|
|Studs||Top of Cab. 7|
|Hold Down Nuts||Top of Cab. 7|
|Clamps||Top of Cab. 7|
|Dial Indicator||In Cab 5|
|Wiggler||CNC Mill Cabinet|
- The rotary table it used for cutting circular grooves, hole patterns, and angled cuts. It is used in cases where using the CNC is not applicable like when a piece is too large for the CNC.
- Start by taking the vise off of the mill, and find someone to help you move the rotary table since it is so heavy. Bring a rolling cart to cabinet 9 and place the rotary table on it.Be sure to keep the crank from hitting the cart. When approaching the mill be sure to keep the crank facing away from the mill and that the mill table is lower than what you have the rotary table placed on. Place the rotary table close to the center of the mill table and lock it down using the bolts from the vise. Using the dial indicator, find the center point of the rotary mill and zero the X and Y of the mill. Next place the milling plate on the table and use the dial indicator to center this as well. Once it is centered it will need to be tied down, keeping in mind that the T's will stick out and prevent rotation if they are not inside the entire base. Next use the wiggler to get the part centered and tightened down.
Start by removing your part and cleaning your area. Next loosen the milling plate and rotary table. Once these are clean you can then move the mill table to above your cart to make it easier to move. Be sure to keep the handle from hitting the table. Place the rotary table back on the top of cabinet 9 and replace the vise on the mill.
Reading the Dial
- Read the degree dial to get the number of full degrees rotated.
- Use the minute and second dial to get an exact value of degrees.
- Helpful notes:
- -One full rotation is 4 degrees.
- -The resolution is 15 seconds.
-Make sure the table and material are all secure before starting to mill.
- -Make sure your parts are properly centered with the Wiggler
- -Make sure the T's are all the way in or it will not rotate properly
Download Powerpoint download of Mindworks pages