Talk:Code Generation (MakerBot)
OWNER: Add your name here
Insert comments below this line:
Mentor Comments from 5/30/13
- Say ReplicatiorG software
- Check grammar
- Does the side with the most surface area have to be placed down? probably not. What about orienting your part so the shear planes are properly aligned for your application
- STL File
- Say "save as the typical SLDPRT also." This implies that the need to save as STL too
- Steps for Generating Code
- Spell acceleration correctly
- Change "Save As" to what?
- Part Orientation
- doen isn't a word
- use 1/4 instead of 1/3 for your example. This will allow whole number which is easier
- Setting Slicing
- Consider adding picture differentiation Supports and Rafts (More8927 If I could get something to print with supports and rafts without failing I would.)
Obviously finish everything. Check for grammar and word choice. Nice job. This is definitely one of the best pages.
Mentor Comments from 5/29/13
- See Developers' Bulletin#Description for proper formatting and content
- Mention that ReplicatorG or Makerware can be used, but why ReplicatorG is preferred. But if you need to print multiple bodies at once, Makerware should be used.
- Add some links/description of how to install ReplicatorG
- Mention the work flow (more or less mover the content of Steps for Generating Code to the description section:
- Export part to STL
- Part inserting
- Part orientation
- Slicing settings
- G-code generating
- Exporting file
- The above list should also be your sections
- Move, Rotate, Scale, Support, Rafts should all be moved under Part orientation. Make sure to talk about the lay flat option, is is extremely useful. Make sure to talk about the importance of proper part orientation,
- Settings->Layer Height->'The smallest MakerBot is capable of is .1mm.': Reword sentence...
- Make sure the follow they guidelines found here: Developers' Bulletin#Guidelines for Pictures/Figures