Talk:Cutter Types (Lathe)
Insert comments below this line:
Mentor Comments from 5/30/13
- Should have description in first section (with table of contents) like all Wikipedia pages
- For Overview
- No apostrophe in the word numbers (plural not possessive)
- Fix weird box in Tooling section
- Consistent capitalization
- Consider changing name of Tooling to "Cutter classification"
- No comma after two in "More types of tools"
- Use consistent language in description column
- Condense information into 1 or at max 2 pictures with a textual description. I don't think a table is necessary here
- Common Lathe Cutting Tool Types
- Consider changing name of "Facing tool" to "Facing/turning tool"
- Consider changing name of "Boring tool" to "Boring bar"
- Tool Speeds
Add section(or include in Tool Speeds) for identifying carbide vs high speed steel cutters. It seems like some of the material is repeated several times. It is better to condense information and not repeat. Include a general description (text) in the first section. Try to make all of the descriptions use consistent format (all sentences or all short comments).
Overall good start. Keep up the good work and this page will be very useful for future students.
Mentor Comments from 5/28/13
- Lathe Cutting Tool Types
- Consider section title change to Detailed description of tools
- Use Item/Setup table: Developers' Bulletin#Itemized/Step by step table
- Make sure the follow the guidelines found here: Developers' Bulletin#Guidelines for Pictures/Figures
- Make sure they are the correct orientation.
The above contents are mainly for formating, I will check content Wednesday. From a quick glance, the content looks mostly complete, but make sure to check with other sources such as the machinist book, McMaster, wikipedia, etc for a second check. Also, remove 'This is the...' as the name of the tool will be included image caption